Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Aal izz well?

Needless to say where the title is coming from. Saw it two days back. And again seeing it now ...

As Forrest Gump would have said it... 'It (shit) happens!' ...

Needless to say I loved the movie!

Needless to say ....

But then, I should not write this isn't it? If it's so needless I mean ... I should not be writing! But then there is something ...

Nothing 'new' exists in the movie in terms of the fundas of life that the movie has espoused. What it has is electrifying chemistry between the three stars, their comic timing, etc. But then, when you have such fine actors putting up a performance, that should ideally be a given!

And yes, it has guided us to some mirage whose existence we all have known about but could not attain. That's why it's a mirage right? We can see it, yet we cannot get to it! We all know how well we can perform when we don't care of the consequences!

This happened with me when I was pretty young. I was playing within my building's compound. Normally, the occupants at ground floor would have broken loose on us when we broke their toilet's window panes. But, I knew that they weren't home (had been visiting their relatives or some place!) and hence, I did not check my pull shot and played a full-blooded one right at the center of the window panes. Interestingly, I was wondering some days before that if I could break 4 panes in one shot (generally we used to break one and that too the top one ... so I was wondering if its possible to break the center four and make a gaping hole for the audience ;) ... !). To my ghastly surprise, I had accomplished what I was thinking about.

I wanted to die then ... but I could calm myself reminding myself that I was anyways leaving for my vacations the next day and won't be back so soon... so I fooled my heart into believing that aal izz well and that's when I had an aha moment while watching the movie. Unlike the movie though, that particular family welcomed me from vacations in a way that saw me never playing inside the building compound thenceforth, but that's another unimportant story!

I am writing this post especially because one of my closest and only 'writing' pal told me that she would have done so much more in life if she was in my shoes (but importantly this is not a response to her retort! It's merely a reflection..). I was just watching the movie and was thinking, well, I don't want to be on the hospital bed at 60 years to think only if I had done this and not done that .. So, I told myself, I will make an effort to get out of present inertia ... and also importantly, I will try to live in the moment. I tend to (as I am sure others too) live in future ... I will be this and be that .. will be here and there and everywhere... but forget to think about where I am NOW! It's common sense isn't it ... but I guess that's why it is so tough ...

I know that fooling your heart into disbelieving the risks attached as a package deal is not a very smart way of living ... especially for those who have studied mitigating risks (I know the cool word is hedging!) this sort of behaviour can amount to harakiri ... but I am convinced that in a world where only fools are cocksure and the knowledgeable full of doubts, it's sometimes worth it to be a stupid idiot and commit that foolishness than to be mired in doubts and not try! Hopefully, the experience won't hurt so much.. and in any case, one is wiser always in hindsight :P ...

I guess I can try soothing my heart for some time with Aal izz well .....

1 comment:

Shruti said...

Brilliant! All izz well!!! Loved this dude....:-)